Purpose of the Funding Scheme
The Danish Film Institute and the Film Fund Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein initiated in 2014 a co-development agreement to encourage the cooperation of producers in the region of Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein and those in Denmark. The funding scheme supports the development of Danish-German film projects that have the potential to develop into high quality films aimed at national and international audiences.
Which projects can apply?
- Each year three treatments for full-length feature, documentary or animations films can be funded with a maximum amount of €35.000 per project.
- The project must be developed by a Danish producer and a producer based in Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein.
- The projects must be of high artistic quality.
- The projects must be aimed at a cinema release in both Germany and Denmark.
- The participation of the majority co-producer should not exceed 80% and the participation of the minority producer not be lower than 20%.
Who can apply?
The application must be submitted by a Danish producer or a producer based in the region of Hamburg Schleswig Holstein.
How are the projects assessed?
The selection will be made by a panel consisting of delegates appointed by Film Fund Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein and the Danish Film Institute. The projects will be assessed based on the following basis:
- creative strength
- balanced creative and technical collaboration
- potential for raising balanced German and Danish production financing
- potential to attract audiences in Germany and Denmark
- potential to attract audiences and generate sales in the rest of the world
When to apply and how?
There are no fixed deadlines for submission. Applications will be assessed in conjunction with board meetings.