iff is Ontario Creates' feature film co-financing / co-production event at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). Selected international and Canadian producers are brought together with international sales agents, US distributors, agents, equity financiers and executive producers for brokered meetings and exclusive networking opportunities.
Now celebrating its 16th year, Ontario Creates iff has introduced hundreds of projects to the international marketplace with over 100 successfully financed to date. Canadian and international feature film producers are invited to apply to iff. Registration is free but very competitive. Final selection is based on company track record, pitch package and suitability of projects.
Ontario Creates is pleased to announce that iff 2021 will be an all-virtual event. We're looking forward to welcoming this year's participants from their homes and offices around the world.
Here are some of the top eligibility requirements:
- Main Producer applying must have released a feature film in theatres or on a recognizable digital platform
- Project budget range: $1-15M US
- Any genre, except for documentaries or animation
- Projects are in the English language. However, we do take approximately 2 non-English language projects per year. If non-English language, please contact Larisa Gutmanis before applying at Lgutmanis@gmail.com
- Must be at a 1st draft stage or more (no treatments)
- Producer has not presented the project at any other major co-production and/or co-financing market
- Only one application per company (and one project only)
Deadline for Canadian and International producers: June 10, 2021