News from the DFI
Cannes with strong Nordic collaborations
03. jul 2021 | CANNES 2021. Danish production company Snowglobe is prominently represented in Cannes as co-producers of Joachim Trier's 'The Worst Person in the World' and Eskil Vogt's 'The Innocents', both in the Official
Danish short films in Cannes
03. jul 2021 | CANNES 2021. Discover the three short films selected for this year's line-up: 'In the Soil' by Casper Rudolf Emil Kjeldsen, 'Free Men' by Óskar Kristinn Vignisson and 'Inherent' by Nicolai G.H. Johansen.
Lone Scherfig returns home with hospital series 'The Shift'
23. jun 2021 | PUBLIC SERVICE. Lone Scherfig has begun principal photography on her first Danish-language project in 14 years. The eight-part TV series 'The Shift' follows the everyday life at a super hospital in Copenhagen,
Facts & Figures 2021 with data on Danish film
02. jun 2021 | PUBLICATION. 25 feature films received production support in 2020, 20 feature films were released in the cinemas and half of these landed on the local top 20, with a market share finishing at 50.2%. Find these
Cecilie McNair to debut with psychological drama
02. jun 2021 | IN PRODUCTION. Cecilie McNair has begun principal photography on her feature film debut 'Baby Pyramid', a psychological drama about a fertility doctor unable to have a child. The film is expected to premiere in
'From the Wild Sea' returns to the Berlinale in doc competition
27. may 2021 | BERLIN 2021. Robin Petré's 'From the Wild Sea' is yet again headed to the Berlin Film Festival, which takes place in a physical edition this June following the virtual screenings in March. The film is selected