News from the DFI
Janus Metz returns to Toronto
10. aug 2018 | FESTIVAL. Janus Metz and Sine Plambech's documentary 'Heartbound,' following a group of Thai women and their Danish husbands in a windswept corner of Denmark, will be world-premiering at the Toronto Film
Feature debut Cutterhead opening at Neuchâtel
29. jun 2018 | WORLD PREMIERE. Rasmus Kloster Bro takes the audience deep down into the Copenhagen Metro building site in his debut feature 'Cutterhead.' The thriller is making its world premiere at Neuchâtel Fantastic Film
Film – A Powerful Tool for Integration?
29. jun 2018. CHILDREN & YOUTH. Can European film culture contribute to a positive integration process for children and young people with widely different backgrounds? The British Film Institute, Vision Kino
The Guilty hits the scene worldwide
15. jun 2018 | NEW RELEASE. Gustav Möller's 'The Guilty' got off to a flying start with the Sundance Audience Award in January. Now the crime thriller, opening in Danish cinemas on 14 June and selected for Filmfest München
Trine Dyrholm is the Queen of Hearts in new film
12. jun 2018 | IN PRODUCTION. Actress Trine Dyrholm teams up once again with May el-Toukhy for the director's second feature film, 'Queen of Hearts,' in a story of a fall from grace.
Denmark and Canada strengthen collaboration on digital content
12. jun 2018 | COLLABORATION. Four projects have received funding through Canada and Denmark's co-development agreement for digital projects, which was established in 2017. The Danish Film Institute and Canada Media Fund have