CO-PRODUCTIONS. The DFI can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute (DFI) supports the production of 20-25 feature films and 25-30 documentary and short films a year. Funds are awarded through three different schemes: the Film Commissioner Scheme, the Market Scheme and the New Danish Screen talent development scheme.
News from the DFI
IDFA director: Diversity is also about artistic expression
11. sep 2019 | INTERVIEW. The dominant Western documentary tradition has become too standardized, and that's just one reason to be more open to other regions' approaches, says artistic director of IDFA, Orwa Nyrabia. Since
The Cave wins audience award in Toronto
16. sep 2019 | AWARDS. Feras Fayyad took home the Grolsch People’s Choice Documentary Award at Toronto Film Festival for his Syrian war documentary, 'The Cave', produced by Danish Documentary Production. The film was
Trine Dyrholm and Ulrich Thomsen take on Erna at War
13. sep 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Henrik Ruben Genz is adapting Erling Jepsen’s novel ’Erna at War’ for the big screen, a story about the resourceful Erna, played by Trine Dyrholm, who in 1918 goes to extreme lengths to protect her
Lisa Jespersen debuts with humorous drama
13. sep 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Lisa Jespersen has started shooting for her feature debut, supported by the New Danish Screen talent programme. Production company Hyæne Film are making their second feature after Ulaa Salim's
Rubaiyat Hossain: Women are agents of change
11. sep 2019 | INTERVIEW. In her Toronto title 'Made in Bangladesh', director Rubaiyat Hossain tells the story of a young female factory worker fighting for better conditions through the union. With the film, co-produced by
Drama Resin selected for Toronto
05. sep 2019 | FESTIVAL. Daniel Borgman's drama 'Resin', about a family who has escaped the confinements of modern society to live in symbiosis with nature, is selected for Toronto Film Festival. In the documentary section
Feras Fayyad: Dr. Amani was challenging the stereotypes
04. sep 2019 | INTERVIEW. An evocative, birds-eye view of women's lives in a hellish warzone, 'The Cave' is a deeply personal film for Feras Fayyad, a film stretching back to his childhood and into the humanitarian
Frank Piasecki Poulsen is new commissioner for documentaries
02. sep 2019 | FILM PEOPLE. The Danish Film Institute has appointed filmmaker Frank Piasecki Poulsen as new commissioner for documentary films.
Denmark and Canada renew collaboration on digital content
01. sep 2019 | NEW MEDIA. The Danish Film Institute and the Canada Media Fund have extended, for a third year, their co-development agreement for digital media projects between Danish and Canadian producers.
Love Child: Fleeing for love
30. aug 2019 | INTERVIEW. Eva Mulvad’s documentary 'Love Child', about a family fleeing Iran, is as much a love story as a refugee film. The veteran filmmaker wants to add a narrative to the refugee debate that audiences