The submission deadline is January 27th 2021. Please find the application form HERE.
Dok.incubator invites editors, directors and producers to a six-month long workshop, focused on filmmakers' professional development with the guidance of world class tutors. Eight teams, composed of a producer, a director and an editor, will focus on the film’s unique perspective and sharpening the storytelling, placing it within the international context and finding concrete tools to effectively approach future audiences. Intensive work on editing, distribution and audience-building upgrades your rough-cut to a high-end film with the potential to meet worldwide interest.
What to expect?
- Intensive six months of editing and project development of your project aiming for picture lock in early autumn 2021
- More than thirty internationally-active filmmakers tutoring you throughout the post-production period
- Personal feedback on your rough cut from key festival representatives, sales agents and other decision makers
- Preparing a tailor-made marketing and distribution strategy to unfold your film to a wider audience
How it works
For the 2021 dok.incubator 10th season we are prepared for both online and/or residential format of the workshops, the actual program will be realized according to the development of COVID-19 pandemia.
Participants will attend three online/hybrid and residential sessions at different project development stages (the exact dates and locations will be confirmed later):
- 1st session online / hybrid: April 2021// ROUGH CUT
- 2nd session – residential: June 2021 / Czech Republic // FINE CUT
- 3rd session – residential: September 2021 / Sweden // NEAR PICTURE LOCK
Format of the workshops can change according to the actual COVID-19 situation.
- Editing tutors work with participants continuously to develop the storyline of the film and maximize the film’s international potential
- Production mentors advice the producers on the financing, team management and distribution
- Marketing experts help the teams to position the film on the market and build a sophisticated strategy to target the right audience
- The nearly/finished films are presented to key decision makers at Nordisk Panorama Film Festival