The submission deadline is January 29th 2020. Please find the application form HERE.
Early bird (January 9th 2020): FREE I Regular (January 29th 2020): 20 EUR
(please note, that the projects will go through the selection process immediately and that once submitted, the application form can not be edited anymore – unless requested by the dok.incubator selectors)
dok.incubator invites editors, directors and producers to a six–month long workshop, focused on filmmakers’ professional development with the guidance of world class tutors. Eight teams, composed of a producer, a director and an editor, will focus on the film’s unique perspective and sharpening the storytelling, placing it within the international context and finding concrete tools to effectively approach future audiences. Intensive work on editing, distribution and audience-building upgrades your rough-cut to a high-end film with the potential to meet worldwide interest.
What to expect?
- Intensive 6 months of editing and project development aiming for picture lock in early autumn 2020
- 25 internationally-active filmmakers tutor you throughout the postproduction period
- Get personal feedback on your cut from key festival representatives, sales agents and other decision makers
- Build your own tailor-made marketing and distribution strategy
- Participation of your whole creative teams in three intensive week-long workshops:
1st session: April 27th – May 2nd // Banská Štiavnica, Slovakia // ROUGH CUT
2nd session: June 22nd – 27th // Telč, Czech Republic // FINE CUT
3rd session: September 14th – 21st // Sweden // NEAR PICTURE LOCK
- The nearly-finished films are presented to key decision-makers at Nordisk Panorama
How it works?
- The editing mentors work with the participants continuously to develop the storyline of the film
- The production mentors help the producers with the financing, team management and distribution
- The marketing and distribution tutors help you to position the film and build a sophisticated strategy to target your audience
dok.incubator traces at Sundance Film Festival 2020
dok.incubator is delighted to announce another 3 films developed in dok.incubator workshop are now competing in the World Cinema Documentary Competition at Sundance Film Festival! In the last 8 years of the workshop 12 films have already been selected for Sundance.