Hamptons International Film Festival has invited the five Nordic countries to participate in its special focus: A Spotlight on Scandinavia. The four Danish films showcasing are:
- Applause by Martin Pieter Zandvliet
- Deliver Us from Evil by Ole Bornedal
- Little Soldier by Annette K. Olesen
- Love & Rage by Morten Giese
Moreover, the Norwegian-Danish coproduction "Max Manus" will open the sidebar, celebrating its US premiere.
Sharon Stone to mentor Cyron Melville
Danish Cyron Melville (Berlin Shooting Star) is one of the seven actors selected to take part in the Hamptons' Breakthrough Performers Program, a partnership between European Film Promotion (EFP) and the festival. Sharon Stone, who will receive the Hamptons' outstanding achievement award, will guide the actors at the mentoring brunch, as well as accompany them to the Breakthrough Performers Gala Reception, public symposium, and a "Conversation with…"
Additional Danish guests include actress Paprika Steen, director Martin Pieter Zandvliet and producer Mikael Rieks presenting "Applause" and actress Trine Dyrholm presenting "Little Soldier".
Pusan selects Deliver Us from Evil
Asia's most important festival Pusan International Film Festival has invited Ole Bornedal's "Deliver Us from Evil" to participate in their programme World Cinema, where it will enjoy its Asian premiere. The film screened at Toronto and was recently sold to Germany and Canada, while other territories are being negotiated.
Warsaw selects Danish short fiction and two features
Two feature films and four short fiction films are selected for Warsaw International Film Festival:
- Little Soldier by Annette K. Olesen screening in Discoveries — Vision of Contemporary World
- Journey to Saturn by Craig Frank et al. screening in Free Spirit Competition.
Four of Denmark's awardwinning short fiction films are also selected:
- Cathrine by Mads Matthiesen, winner at Odense and selected for Berlin 2009
- Awakening by Christian Tafdrup, winner at BUSTER 2008
- The Pig by Dorte W. Høgh, Oscar-nominee 2009
- Lars and Peter by Baniel Borgman, Cannes competitor 2009
Furthermore, two Danish coproductions are selected. The Swedish-Danish coproduction "Metropia" by Tarik Saleh is selected for the International Competition and will screen at the opening gala. Yoav Shamir's "Defamation", a coproduction between Austria, Denmark, Israel and the US, is selected for the Documentary Competition.