The umbrella organisation for the Nordic Film Institutes is hosting three webinars on key topics during the Berlinale's online industry event, the European Film Market, running 1-5 March.
Screen International editor Wendy Mitchell is moderator.
The seminars are free to watch, and no accreditation to the European Film Market is required.
Read more and register
Read about topics and panels below – and click here to register: Scandinavian Films webinars
Joining Forces: Collaborating for Strong Co-Productions
Tuesday, 2 March, 11-12 am CET
How are producers and funders thinking about the smartest and most successful co-productions for 2021 and coming years? Experts talk about the benefit of tapping into financial incentives as well as finding the right creative collaborators. Producers offer practical advice from recent and upcoming high-profile co-productions including 'Flee', 'Triangle of Sadness' and 'Daniel'.
- Liselott Forsman, CEO, Nordisk Film & TV Fond (Finland)
- Mike Goodridge, founder and producer, Good Chaos (UK)
- Monica Hellström, producer, Final Cut for Real (Denmark)
- Gudny Hummelvoll, producer, Hummefilm, and president, European Producers Club (Norway)
- Riina Sildos, founder and producer, Amrion Productions (Estonia)
The Kids Are All Right: The Boom in Family Films
Wednesday, 3 March, 11-12 am CET
Children’s and family films, both live action and animation, have been audience favourites for years at the box-office. Now youth films are also much in demand on digital platforms. The experts address what kinds of kids’ films are the hottest sellers, what are the trends in storytelling for children, and what are the secrets for how these films cut through the noise to reach their target audience (and their parents).
- Linda Hambäck, director and founder, LEE Film (Sweden)
- Venla Hellstedt, partner and producer, Tuffi Films (Finland)
- Solveig Langeland, founder and Managing Director, Sola Media (Germany)
- Maryanne Redpath, Head of Berlinale Generation (Germany)
- Kirstine Vinderskov, Channel Editor, Nordisk Film (Denmark)
Deal or No Deal: Demystifying International Sales
Thursday, 4 March, 11-12 am CET
What do producers need to know about working with international sales companies – how do you find the right fit for your film and how do you best work with your sales agent throughout the process? What kinds of projects are selling well in 2021, and how can sellers create buzz with debut features by unknown talents? How is the changing festival landscape of 2021 and beyond impacted sales?
- Wendy Bernfeld, founder and CEO, Rights Stuff (Netherlands)
- Rikke Ennis, founder and CEO, REinvent (Denmark)
- Signe Leick Jensen, producer and co-founder, Toolbox Film (Denmark)
- Heather Millard, Head of International Productions & Financing, Compass Films (Iceland)
- Jan Naszewski, founder and CEO, New Europe Film Sales (Poland)