- She and CPH:DOX have succeeded in packing cinemas with large, enthusiastic and, not least, new audiences for documentaries. Propelled by Fischer’s engagement, energy and supreme sensitivity to new tendencies in art and society, CPH:DOX in five short years has become the Nordic nations' biggest documentary film event.
- She crosses lines and smashes boundaries. In fact, one of the first documentary film events Fischer ever worked on was called Crossing Boundaries. CPH:DOX pushes the envelope, challenging boundaries between film, new media, music, art and politics.
- She knows how to throw a party – also beyond the VIP lounge and the red carpet. Every year, CPH:DOX presents films of high artistic quality and hard-hitting political activism alongside unorthodox happenings on the streets of the city, ranging from lessons in flute playing to balloon-animal tying and air-guitar shredding.
- She never gives up, no matter how tough the challenge. Combining an intellectual, passionate approach to documentaries and enormous tenacity, she makes things happen.
- She has carved out a spot for documentary filmmaking in the modern media landscape, creating new spaces for experience, reflection and good times. Fischer and CPH:DOX have made documentaries cool.
For further information:Danish Film Institute
Malene Flindt Pedersen, +45 3374 3449, email@example.com