The 39th edition of Alcine Film Festival in Alcalá Henares has selected 34 films from the Scandinavian region for their Nordic Focus. The retrospective of Danish short fiction is as follows:
- Louise N.D. Friedberg "Blood Sisters" (2006), about pre-teenage girls in a bloody fight for love and attention.
- Jørgen Leth's classic "The Perfect Human" (1967), the basis of and inspiration for "The Five Obstructions".
- Johannes Pico's "The Coffee Break" (2007), where masculinity, power struggles, rumours and shame lead to a fatal outcome.
- Joachim Ladefogeds "Mirror" (2009), a zoom-in on the strive for sculpturing the body.
- Lars von Trier's "Occupations", commissioned by Cannes Film Festival in 2007, is about a French film critic and businessman who cannot keep his mouth shut during a screening.
- Mikkel Munch-Fals' "First Flush" (2006), a sensual, biting story of teenagers struggling to find themselves sexually in an explicitly pornographic world.