In Search of Love
09. nov 2011 | INTERVIEW. After her success with "The Monastery", it was a challenge for Pernille Rose Grønkjær to start her next film. But a development grant from the Danish Film Institute allowed her to work in depth with
If walls could talk
06. may 2011 | NEW FEATURE. Birgitte Stærmose's feature film debut "Room 304" is a multi-plot drama in which the visual style and the exploration of the wordless intimacy between characters carry as much weight as the
Driving into Cannes
04. may 2011 | INTERVIEW. Following "Bronson" and "Valhalla Rising", the Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn, with a cool cast including Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan, is kicking in the doors to the Official Competition
Devices For Capturing Happy Accidents
04. nov 2010 | INTERVIEW. A thorough discussion of development and methods in documentary films is called for to clear up the prevailing confusion of terminology, Jesper Jack says. The Danish Film Institute's short and
Big Ambitions, Tight Setup
03. nov 2010 | INTERVIEW. The directors at the helm of the rapidly advancing production company Danish Documentary strive to put the money on screen. Eva Mulvad's "The Good Life" and Phie Ambo's "The Home Front" are in
Kasper Dissing: "I want to make films that spark debate"
12. may 2021 | INTERVIEW. 'Another Round’ producer Kasper Dissing has an ambition to make films that challenge audiences’ opinions and trigger discussion. At next week’s Producers on the Move, he’s bringing two projects that
Positive gender equality trends in Danish film
12. may 2021 | GENDER. There are more women than ever before both in front of and behind the camera, according to the Danish Film Institute’s recently published annual report on gender in Danish film.
Hjælp til film- og spilbranchen i forbindelse med corona
12. may 2021 | CORONA. Filminstituttet orienterer om relevante og aktuelle hjælpepakker og retningslinjer i forbindelse med coronakrisen.