Meetings and conversations
14. nov 2012 | EDITORIAL. In early November we celebrated the 10th anniversary of Copenhagen's CPH:DOX film festival, and now IDFA is turning 25. Aren't we lucky to have them, these generous festivals and their brave and
European film dreams
09. may 2012 | EDITORIAL. This year, as every year, a wide assortment of European film industry players – merchants, artists, media and public funders – will be descending on Cannes. All arrive at the notorious gathering
Is the Audience Always Right?
07. feb 2012 | EDITORIAL. At the Danish Film Institute from time to time we consider introducing a reverse audience award, that is, an award to the audience. The award would go to the movie audience that has the curiosity,
If You Don't Go to Extremes, Why Even Go?
10. nov 2011 | EDITORIAL. If you don't go to extremes, why even go? the Danish COBRA artist Asger Jorn once said. His words naturally spring to mind when looking at the current crop of Danish documentaries. They go to
DFI = Danish Film International
09. may 2011 | EDITORIAL. We'll admit it. We Danes can get a little smug sometimes. Maybe it's part of being from a small country. We're so proud when someone does well. It rubs off on everyone. We all feel a little bigger,
Kasper Dissing: "I want to make films that spark debate"
12. may 2021 | INTERVIEW. 'Another Round’ producer Kasper Dissing has an ambition to make films that challenge audiences’ opinions and trigger discussion. At next week’s Producers on the Move, he’s bringing two projects that
Positive gender equality trends in Danish film
12. may 2021 | GENDER. There are more women than ever before both in front of and behind the camera, according to the Danish Film Institute’s recently published annual report on gender in Danish film.
Hjælp til film- og spilbranchen i forbindelse med corona
12. may 2021 | CORONA. Filminstituttet orienterer om relevante og aktuelle hjælpepakker og retningslinjer i forbindelse med coronakrisen.