Young Lives in Motion
11. nov 2014. Fencing is not all they have in common. Two films, Simon Lereng Wilmont's "The Fencing Champion" and Lea Hjort Mathiesen's "Malek Means Angel", record with great sensitivity the intimate world of
The price of perfection
13. nov 2012 | IDFA. Katrine Philp's first feature-length documentary, "Dance for Me", follows a pair of young elite dancers who have a hard time finding their groove outside the dance floor. The film is celebrating its
An obligation to be curious
16. may 2012 | CANNES 2012. She got her start in the industry on a fluke, learned the ropes during the Dogme wave and recently struck out on her own as an independent producer, opening her own company, Toolbox Film. Now Signe
Save us from niceness
11. may 2012 | INTERVIEW. Looking to bury politically correct children's films, Christian Dyekjær's "The Bird Chase", released domestically 7 June, proves it's possible to spin a cool film around a bevy of bird nerds chasing
Shining light on Marie
10. may 2012 | INTERVIEW. In his first Danish film in 25 years, Bille August takes up a golden piece of Danish history – the Skagen painters and Marie Krøyer, an artist struggling to break free from the shadow of her
Kasper Dissing: "I want to make films that spark debate"
12. may 2021 | INTERVIEW. 'Another Round’ producer Kasper Dissing has an ambition to make films that challenge audiences’ opinions and trigger discussion. At next week’s Producers on the Move, he’s bringing two projects that
Positive gender equality trends in Danish film
12. may 2021 | GENDER. There are more women than ever before both in front of and behind the camera, according to the Danish Film Institute’s recently published annual report on gender in Danish film.
Hjælp til film- og spilbranchen i forbindelse med corona
12. may 2021 | CORONA. Filminstituttet orienterer om relevante og aktuelle hjælpepakker og retningslinjer i forbindelse med coronakrisen.