News from the DFI
How film can break down boundaries
06. dec 2019 | RESEARCH. European films can strengthen children and young people's cultural understanding, identity and tolerance, a new international study shows. Read on to learn how the medium of film can contribute to a
Into the Deep world premieres at Sundance
05. dec 2019 | SUNDANCE. 'Into the Deep', portraying the young helpers at amateur scientist Peter Madsen's workshop and their reckoning with the truth about their mentor after the murder of Kim Wall, will be world
HBO Europe's first Danish original series greenlit for production
04. dec 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Director Annette K. Olesen begins principal photography for the first ever Danish HBO original series, 'Kamikaze', this January. The series is written by Johanne Algren, fresh off her debut with
Jonas Kærup Hjort to debut with absurd, baroque black comedy
29. nov 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Film school graduate Jonas Kærup Hjort makes his feature debut with a baroque black comedy exploring the human condition. Supported by the New Danish Screen talent scheme, the film is developed
Ole Bornedal's WW2 drama Shadows in My Eyes begins production
20. nov 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Principal photography has begun on Ole Bornedal's historical feature 'Shadows in My Eyes'. The film depicts the bombing of the French School in Copenhagen during WW2 and is expected to premiere by
'I wanted to celebrate a life not having to look like an ordinary life'
16. nov 2019 | INTERVIEW. 'I Love You I Miss You I Hope I See You Before I Die' is Eva Marie Rødbro's first feature documentary, a harsh and dreamy story about Betty and her family living on the fringes of American society.