13. nov 2013. In its transgressive aesthetics and upfront awkwardness, Lars von Trier's Dogme film "The Idiots" (1998) hits like a fist in the gut. Jesper Jargil's making-of film "The Humiliated" (1998) peels
I'm Not Out to Judge
13. nov 2013. Jon Bang Carlsen originally planned his new film, "Just the Right Amount of Violence", as a relatively straight documentary, but the project ended up as one of the most genre-blending works of the
13. nov 2013. At first glance, Jon Bang Carlsen's "Just the Right Amount of Violence" resonates with the recent trend of hybrid films, but his new documentary is a natural extension of methods the Danish
Desperately Seeking Space
16. nov 2009. Shanghai Space, directed by Nanna Frank Møller, takes a poetic and contemplative look at the abnormal growth of China's great port city, where a new building is constructed every other day, and
04. nov 2009. Cairo Garbage, directed by Mikala Krogh, takes us on a journey into Cairo's "garbage cities", entire neighbourhoods where people earn a living sorting and recycling garbage. Cairo shows us the
Kasper Dissing: "I want to make films that spark debate"
12. may 2021 | INTERVIEW. 'Another Round’ producer Kasper Dissing has an ambition to make films that challenge audiences’ opinions and trigger discussion. At next week’s Producers on the Move, he’s bringing two projects that
Positive gender equality trends in Danish film
12. may 2021 | GENDER. There are more women than ever before both in front of and behind the camera, according to the Danish Film Institute’s recently published annual report on gender in Danish film.
Hjælp til film- og spilbranchen i forbindelse med corona
12. may 2021 | CORONA. Filminstituttet orienterer om relevante og aktuelle hjælpepakker og retningslinjer i forbindelse med coronakrisen.