Afghanistan's Dandelion Children
13. nov 2013. Five Afghan children are the heroes of director Jens Pedersen and producer Jakob Gottschau's series "Faith Hope Afghanistan", which follows the determined struggle of Asadagha, Faridullah, Layla,
09. may 2011 | INTERVIEW. Complex emotions are played out in Rúnar Rúnarsson's first feature film "Volcano", a Danish production selected for Directors' Fortnight. The Icelandic director's uniquely condensed style attracted
Kitchen Sink Absurdity
04. feb 2011 | INTERVIEW. Helena Frank's short film "Heavy Heads" merges social issues with distorted animation reality.
Documentary in Cyberspace
03. nov 2010 | INTERVIEW. Bente Milton and Mikkel Stolt set out to do a personal investigation of the online phenomenon Second Life. "My Avatar and Me", selected for IDFA's Reflecting Images, goes with co-director Stolt on a
Kasper Dissing: "I want to make films that spark debate"
12. may 2021 | INTERVIEW. 'Another Round’ producer Kasper Dissing has an ambition to make films that challenge audiences’ opinions and trigger discussion. At next week’s Producers on the Move, he’s bringing two projects that
Positive gender equality trends in Danish film
12. may 2021 | GENDER. There are more women than ever before both in front of and behind the camera, according to the Danish Film Institute’s recently published annual report on gender in Danish film.
Hjælp til film- og spilbranchen i forbindelse med corona
12. may 2021 | CORONA. Filminstituttet orienterer om relevante og aktuelle hjælpepakker og retningslinjer i forbindelse med coronakrisen.