News from the DFI
'Jørgen Leth is good at being Jørgen Leth'
15. nov 2019 | PROFILE. The Danish filmmaker Jørgen Leth receives IDFA's Lifetime Achievement Award for his strong auteur voice and unique perspective on reality. Read about Leth's versatile body of work, including his
Learning to walk, all over again
11. nov 2019 | INTERVIEW. The earthquake that hit Haiti in 2010 left a tremor in Jørgen Leth, the Danish filmmaker/writer. His balance was affected, making it hard for him to walk. His poetic, observational diary film 'I
Jørgen Leth leads Danish line-up at IDFA
15. nov 2019 | IDFA 2019. Jørgen Leth's intimate self-portrait 'I Walk' is world-premiering in the Competition for Feature-Length Documentary, while the Danish filmmaker will be honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Fat Front producer wanted to make more films about women
15. nov 2019 | INTERVIEW. We grew up with stories about and by men, says producer Malene Flindt Pedersen, who was shocked to realise that most of her own documentaries had male protagonists. In turn, she decided to make five
'I wanted to celebrate a life not having to look like an ordinary life'
14. nov 2019 | INTERVIEW. 'I Love You I Miss You I Hope I See You Before I Die' is Eva Marie Rødbro's first feature documentary, a harsh and dreamy story about Betty and her family living on the fringes of American society.