News from the DFI
Heartbound is one of IDFAs fest hits
09. okt 2018 | IDFA 2018. After a prominent world premiere in Toronto and a top prize in Zurich, Janus Metz and Sine Plambech's 'Heartbound' is now taking a first step towards the IDFA docfest in Amsterdam. The film about
Bacon, beer and silverware – explore historical films about Denmark
09. okt 2018 | STREAMING SITE. Danish design and exports, the German occupation and Copenhagen city life – these are some of the topics covered in the English-language short films now available on the historical streaming site
Danish doc award to Mira Jargil and Christian Sønderby Jepsen
09. okt 2018 | DOC AWARD. The directing duo of Mira Jargil and Christian Sønderby Jepsen were honoured Monday with the Roos Award, the highest honour in Danish documentary filmmaking, for their ability to portray life’s
Silje Riise Næss joins the DFI as new film commissioner
08. okt 2018 | FILM PEOPLE. Silje Riise Næss "has significant insight into creative processes as well as a great passion for communication," says CEO Claus Ladegaard about the Danish Film Institute's new film commissioner,
'It’s more fun when people are watching'
05. okt 2018 | INTERVIEW. Christoffer Boe was once an introspective deconstructor of film conventions. Now the Danish filmmaker is turning outward to the world with his two new genre premieres, the Department Q feature 'The
What's the number of women and men working on your film?
04. okt 2018 | Diversity. In partnership with the Producers Association, the Danish Film Institute aims to get a handle on the gender balance of Danish film productions. This will happen via a so-called self-report form, in
Thrillers and epic dramas world premiering in Hamburg
28. sep 2018 | FESTIVAL. Highlighting the close cinematic ties between Denmark and Germany, Filmfest Hamburg will see the world premieres of Christoffer Boe’s 'The Purity of Vengeance' and Kasper Torsting’s 'In Love and
New talent award at CPH PIX
27. sep 2018 | CPH PIX. Denmark's largest feature film festival is gearing up for a fortnight of films, events and talks. A new award this year celebrates Danish director talents. We introduce the nominees for the
What's next for Zimbabwe?
26. sep 2018 | TO WATCH FOR. Camilla Nielsson's 'Democrats' from 2014 toured the festival circuit and was commended by critics as a rare insider's view of the writing of Zimbabwe's recent constitution. Now the director is