CO-PRODUCTIONS. The Danish Film Institute can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute (DFI) supports the production of 20-25 feature films and 25-30 documentary and short films a year. Funds are awarded through three different schemes: the Film Commissioner Scheme, the Market Scheme and the New Danish Screen talent development scheme.
News from the DFI
Debut film Persona Non Grata world premieres in Göteborg
12. jan 2021 | GÖTEBORG. Lisa Jespersen's debut feature film, 'Persona Non Grata', premieres in competition at the Nordic region's leading festival in Gothenburg, this year launched digitally from 29 January. The comedy
Nominations for the Robert Awards 2021 announced
06. jan 2021 | NOMINATIONS. The Danish Film Academy has revealed the nominations for this year's Danish Robert Awards, to be handed out on 6 February.
Anders Thomas Jensen: Coincidences and connections
05. jan 2021 | INTERVIEW. Anders Thomas Jensen addresses the big questions such as the meaning of life and our search for coherence in 'Riders of Justice', hailed by the Danish critics. Opening the Rotterdam Film Festival,
Riders of Justice to open Rotterdam Film Festival
22. dec 2020 | FESTIVAL. Anders Thomas Jensen's 'Riders of Justice' with Mads Mikkelsen will be opening the Rotterdam Film Festival's 50th anniversary edition. Also in the line-up of 2021's expanded, hybrid festival
Silje Riise Næss continues until 2023
16. dec 2020 | FILM COMMISSIONER. Silje Riise Næss will carry on her work at the Danish Film Institute three more years.
Two Danish documentary films selected for Sundance
16. dec 2020 | SUNDANCE. 'Flee' by Jonas Poher Rasmussen and 'President' by Camilla Nielsson have been selected for the international documentary programme at Sundance Film Festival, and Denmark's Snowglobe is co-producing
2020 in film
14. dec 2020 | OVERVIEW. Danish films had a standout year at the cinema, despite the national lockdown in the spring and recent restrictions bringing further financial strain. We take a look back at the year in film, which
Another Round is Best Film at the European Film Awards
12. dec 2020 | AWARDS. ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg took home four out of four possible accolades at the European Film Awards, including for European Film. The prize ceremony was held as a virtual event on
Heidi Kim Andersen appointed new commissioner for documentaries
02. dec 2020 | NEW COMMISSIONER. On 15 January 2021, Heidi Kim Andersen will join the Danish Film Institute as the new Commissioner for Short and Documentary Films.
How children consume film and series
01. dec 2020 | STUDY. Did you know that 7-14-year-olds prioritise going to the movies over social media when they get the choice? Or that they go to the cinema as often as adults do, or that half of them are watching TV