CO-PRODUCTIONS. The DFI can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute (DFI) supports the production of 20-25 feature films and 25-30 documentary and short films a year. Funds are awarded through three different schemes: the Film Commissioner Scheme, the Market Scheme and the New Danish Screen talent development scheme.
News from the DFI
'Wildland' first Danish film back on the big screen
27. maj 2020 | REOPENING. Berlin contender 'Wildland' is the first Danish film to premiere as cinemas in Denmark are slowly getting back in business. The modern crime drama continues in July to theatres in the Czech Republic
Producer Monica Hellström on the Move
05. maj 2020 | NETWORKING. Monica Hellström, the producer behind the IDFA-winning and Oscar-shortlisted documentary 'The Distant Barking of Dogs', is selected as one of 20 promising Europeans for the networking event
New website with historical films from Iceland
04. maj 2020 | STREAMING. The Danish Film Institute's streaming site 'Denmark on Film' now features an independent Icelandic section. 'Ísland á filmu', 'Iceland on film', is an opportunity to watch free documentary films
How CPH:DOX survived its biggest crisis: "The festival has been transformed forever"
24. apr 2020 | INTERVIEW. CPH:DOX put together a digital festival in record time after the coronavirus crisis closed down Denmark. Festival director Tine Fischer discusses her experiences, the challenges along the way and
Facts & Figures 2020 including data on gender
22. apr 2020 | PUBLICATION. Six Danish features landed on the local top 20 in 2019, with the domestic market share finishing at 27%. Find these facts and more information in our annual survey on film production and
European effort in film literacy for children and youth
05. apr 2020 | CHILDREN & YOUTH. A comprehensive English-language online course aims to promote film education around the world. The initiative will be followed up in autumn by a series of seminars across Europe.
Songs of Repression wins DOX:AWARD
27. mar 2020 | CPH:DOX. The award winners at this year's edition of the big doc fest in Copenhagen were announced Friday during a ceremony in the festival's online cinema. The main prize went to the Danish film 'Songs of
The Danish Film Institute during corona
24. mar 2020. Following the directions from the national authorities regarding the coronavirus, the Danish Film Institute has cancelled its public activities. All staff is working from home until 10 May.
Scandinavian Star – new true crime series about unsolved murder case
05. mar 2020 | PREMIERE. 30 years after disaster struck on the Scandinavian Star ferry, a documentary series explores the story of the biggest murder mystery in modern Scandinavian history.
"If you’re Greenlandic and you don’t see yourself in this film, I’ve failed"
05. mar 2020 | INTERVIEW. With 'the Fight for Greenland', director Kenneth Sorento is stepping into the country’s divisive independence debate. It was important to show the nuances of the debate, Sorento says, and tell the