News from the DFI
Afghan-Danish duo returns to Directors' Fortnight
14. maj 2019 | INTERVIEW. Director Shahrbanoo Sadat and producer Katja Adomeit will premiere their third collaboration, 'The Orphanage', in Directors' Fortnight in Cannes. Set in Kabul during the pro-Soviet government, the
Faroese Andrias Høgenni: "Every culture has the right to its own stories"
13. maj 2019 | INTERVIEW. Andrias Høgenni has learnt to trust his basic instincts while working on his graduation film 'Ikki illa meint' about two Faroese girlfriends’ awkward reunion. The director, who grew up in the Faroe
Ole Bornedal preparing World War II drama
10. maj 2019 | UPCOMING FILM. Funding is almost secured for Ole Bornedal’s high-budget historical drama, ‘Shadows In My Eyes’, about the bombing of the Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen in 1945. Shooting is scheduled to start
Peter Hjorth: Effects are for communicating a vision
10. maj 2019 | Cannes 2019. VFX supervisor Peter Hjorth can create any kind of effect on the computer. But he would much rather be on set, mixing the perfect slime to make asphalt look authentic. The Danish special effects
Greenland films to be digitised
07. maj 2019 | DIGITISATION. A new grant will enable even more historical films about Greenland and Arctic region to be digitised – films with the potential to broaden our perspective on climate changes and geopolitics.
Facts & Figures 2019 available
06. maj 2019 | PUBLICATION. 2018 presented a high market share for Danish films, ranking Denmark fourth among European nations. Find these numbers and more on film production and distribution in Denmark in our latest edition