Closer to the Audience: the Danish Film Institute strengthens the bond between industry and audience
18. okt 2021 | AUDIENCE. Audience perspectives and audience engagement is high on the Danish Film Institute’s agenda. A threefold initiative aims to strengthen the industry’s insights into its audiences, enabling Danish
Three films land on Danish Oscar shortlist
16. sep 2021 | Oscars 2022. Three films have been chosen as Denmark's possible candidate in the Best International Feature Film category at the Oscars: 'Flee' by Jonas Poher Rasmussen, 'Margrete – Queen of the North' by
Interview with Tea Lindeburg: 'As in Heaven'
09. sep 2021 | INTERVIEW. Tea Lindeburg focuses on a young girl's transition from child to adult in 'As in Heaven' set in the late 1800s. Watch our video with the director talking about her debut feature, headed for the
Debut film in Toronto and San Sebastián
02. sep 2021 | OVERVIEW. The fall festival season is approaching steadfast with upcoming festivals in Toronto and San Sebastián. Several Danish films will participate, including Tea Lindeburg's debut feature, 'As In Heaven'
Danish virtual reality film to compete in Venice
26. aug 2021 | VENICE. David Adler's virtual reality film 'End of Night' will compete for the Golden Lion in the virtual reality branch of the film festival in Venice. Also represented at the festival is Lebanese-Danish
'Flee' in the run for big Nordic prize
25. aug 2021 | NOMINATION. Jonas Poher Rasmussen's 'Flee' tells a pertinent, relevant, and touching story, says the jury selecting the acclaimed refugee story as Denmark's candidate for the Nordic Council Film Prize 2021. The