"Parents" by Christian Tafdrup received four awards at the Bodil Awards on 4 March, including Best Script, Best Actor (Søren Malling), Best Cinematographer (Maria von Hausswolff) and the Production Designer award (Jette Lehmann). Tafdrup's debut feature also picked up three awards at the film industry's Robert Awards in February.
Winner of Best Feature at the Danish film critics' prize event, this year celebrating its 70th anniversary, was "In the Blood" by Rasmus Heisterberg. The film, which made its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival, also won for Best Supporting Actress (Victoria Carmen Sonne).
Trine Dyrholm won her sixth Bodil in the Best Actress category, this time for her performance in Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune." Dyrholm won the same category in the Robert Awards 2017.
The Best Documentary award went to "The War Show," Andreas Dalsgaard and Obaidah Zytoon's 2016 Venice Days winner.
See more at Bodilprisen.dk.
Bodil Awards / Winners 2017
- In the Blood (dir. Rasmus Heisterberg)
- Trine Dyrholm (The Commune)
- Søren Malling (Parents)
Best Supporting Actress
- Victoria Carmen Sonne (In the Blood)
Best Supporting Actor
- Lars Mikkelsen (The Day Will Come)
- The War Show (dir. Andreas Dalsgaard, Obaidah Zytoon)
Best Non-American Feature
- Toni Erdmann (dir. Maren Ade)
Best American Feature
- The Revenant (dir. Alejandro González Iñárritu)
- Christian Tafdrup (Parents)
- Maria von Hausswolff (Parents)
- Actor Henning Jensen
- Christina Rosendahl, head of Danish Directors
Henning Bahs Production Designer Award
- Jette Lehmann (Parents)
- A Conspiracy of Faith (dir. Hans Petter Moland) nominated by Viaplay