The purpose for funding co-productions is to strengthen partnerships and creative exchange between Danish and international producers. DFI highly values the opportunities that co-production can provide for the Danish industry; international financing, cultural and business exchange and distribution; and therefore encourages these partnerships to be established.
The following films can be mentioned as examples of supported projects: Ida (Pawel Pawlikowski), The Square (Ruben Östlund), The Rams (Grímur Hákonarson), The Untamed (Amat Escalante), Borg vs McEnroe (Janus Metz), and Song of the Sea (Tomm Moore).
DFI can fund 5-9 minor co-productions per year. The annual budget amounts to DKK 12m.
- The application must be submitted by a Danish production company.
- There must be Danish creative or technical participation in the production.
- There must be a distribution deal for theatrical distribution in Denmark or broadcast on national Danish television.
- The financing in the major co-producing country must be confirmed.
- Creative strength.
- Creative and financial collaboration between the Danish company and its co-producer, including previous projects and future plans.
- The level of creative and technical collaboration, the participation of Danish talent and crew and the overall Danish spend.
- The nature of the distribution deal signed by the producer.
How to apply
The application form can be found in the right-hand column. Please note that applications can only be submitted by the Danish producer which is why the application form is only available in Danish. An English translation can be found in the right column on this page.