The audience can think for itself
02. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. Support from the Danish Film Institute's AudienceFocus scheme allowed Mira Jargil to focus on prioritising multiple storylines for her series about a Danish monk in Sri Lanka. The director shares her…
Filmmaker, listen to your young audiences!
02. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. Drop your biased attitudes about young people and start your research early on, say directors Tilde Harkamp ('Pretty Young Thing') and Thora Lorentzen ('Absolute Beginners') about creating content…
What can the audience teach us?
02. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. Director Katrine Brocks and producer Pernille Tornøe were inspired by the Danish Film Institute’s AudienceFocus scheme to fine-tune their creative choices of their debut feature, 'The Great Silence'…
Two Danish films selected for Tribeca
20. apr 2022 | FESTIVAL. The Tribeca Film Festival in June will be celebrating the world premieres of Gabriel Bier Gislason's debut feature 'Attachment' and Annette K. Olesen's ensemble drama 'A Matter of Trust'.
Oscar interview: Jonas Poher Rasmussen and Thomas Vinterberg
15. mar 2022 | OSCARS. Jonas Poher Rasmussen talks to 2021 Academy Award winning director Thomas Vinterberg about his three time nominated film 'Flee'. Watch the video produced as part of the film's Oscar campaign leading…
The Danish Film Institute supports boycott of collaborations with Russia
01. mar 2022 | UKRAINE. The Danish Film Institute supports the call by the Minister for Culture to suspend all cooperation with Russia.
Conversations in Berlin
18. feb 2022 | BERLIN 2022. Watch our Berlin conversations with Sofie Gråbøl, who plays the lead in Lone Scherfig's 'The Shift', Shooting Star talent Marie Reuther, and director Hlynur Pálmason, world premiering his short film …
Oscar facts in a Danish perspective
17. feb 2022 | OSCAR 2022. As we await the 94th Academy Awards on 27 March, here are a few facts and numbers about the world's most glamorous film show as seen from a Danish perspective.
Oscar nominations lift the entire industry
17. feb 2022 | OSCAR 2022. 'Flee''s three Oscar nominations are not just a victory for the film’s team but also a triumph for the Danish film industry overall, says the Danish Film Institute’s International Department.