Publications about diversity
Social and geographical diversity in the Danish film industry, 2017 (in Danish, with English summary)
Facts & Figures 2021 with data on Danish film
02. jun 2021 | PUBLICATION. 25 feature films received production support in 2020, 20 feature films were released in the cinemas and half of these landed on the local top 20, with a market share finishing at 50.2%. Find these
Positive gender equality trends in Danish film
12. may 2021 | GENDER. There are more women than ever before both in front of and behind the camera, according to the Danish Film Institute’s recently published annual report on gender in Danish film.
Updated study of gender distribution in Danish film
30. sep 2020 | Diversity. There is still gender imbalance in Danish film, especially in feature-film production, a Danish Film Institute study shows. The Danish Film Institute and the industry organisations agree that
Facts & Figures 2020 including data on gender
22. apr 2020 | PUBLICATION. Six Danish features landed on the local top 20 in 2019, with the domestic market share finishing at 27%. Find these facts and more information in our annual survey on film production and
Self-report on gender balance now mandatory
28. feb 2020 | Diversity. What is the gender balance of Danish film crews and casts? From 1 March, production companies are required to file a 'Self-report on gender balance' to qualify for production funding for fiction
"It’s important to know what’s going on in other places"
17. dec 2019 | INTERVIEW. Jannik Splidsboel’s documentary 'Dreams from the Outback' portrays an Aboriginal community in Australia. Is that something a Danish filmmaker should even be doing? The question is not that simple,
How film can break down boundaries
06. dec 2019 | RESEARCH. European films can strengthen children and young people's cultural understanding, identity and tolerance, a new international study shows. Read on to learn how the medium of film can contribute to a
IDFA director: Diversity is also about artistic expression
11. sep 2019 | INTERVIEW. The dominant Western documentary tradition has become too standardized, and that's just one reason to be more open to other regions' approaches, says artistic director of IDFA, Orwa Nyrabia. Since
On writing for film and TV: How to play it safe!
18. oct 2018 | Diversity. Danish dramatists have created a satirical guide as a means to create awareness of gender stereotypes in film and television.