Following its Oscar win, 'Another Round' added more awards to the long list at this year's Bodil Awards, held by the association of Danish Film Critics on 10 May. The film took home three awards; for best Danish feature, best actor (Mads Mikkelsen) and best screenplay (Thomas Vinterberg and Tobias Lindholm).
The talent prize went to Malou Reymann for her debut feature 'A Perfectly Normal Family', which also won an award at Rotterdam Film Festival last year. The film's 13-year-old star, Kaya Toft Loholt, was named best actress for her part in the film, making her the youngest recipient of a Bodil Award ever.
Mira Jargil's 'Reunited', which screened at festivals such as CPH:DOX and Hot Docs, was named best documentary. Also among the winners were 'Riders of Justice' by Anders Thomas Jensen, 'The Good Traitor' by Christina Rosendahl and Jeanette Nordahl's debut feature 'Wildland', which premiered at the Berlinale.
Bodil Award Winners 2021
- Best feature: ’Another Round’ (Thomas Vinterberg)
- Best leading actress: Kaya Toft Loholt, ’A Perfectly Normal Family’
- Best leading actor: Mads Mikkelsen, ’Another Round’
- Best supporting actress: Sidse Babett Knudsen, ’Wildland’
- Best supporting actor: Lars Brygmann, ‘Riders of Justice’
- Best documentary: ’Reunited’ (Mira Jargil)
- Best screenplay: Thomas Vinterberg og Tobias Lindholm, ’Another Round’
- Best cinematographer: Louise McLaughlin, ’The Good Traitor’
- Best American film: ’The Lighthouse’ (Robert Eggers)
- Bedste non-American film: ’Portrait of a Lady on Fire’ (Céline Sciamma)
- The Henning Bahs Award (production design): Rie Lykke, ’The Good Traitor’
- Honorary Bodil Award: The Danish cinemas
- Special Bodil Award: Producer Katja Adomeit
- Talent Prize: Malou Reymann, ’A Perfectly Normal Family’