The House That Jack Built
Lars von Trier
The 62-year-old director has brought home several awards from the Cannes Festival, since his feature debut 'The Element of Crime' won the Grand Prix Technique in 1984. Read about Lars von Trier and find a list of his films.
The USA, late 1970s
We follow the highly intelligent Jack through five incidents and are introduced to the murders that define Jack's development as a serial killer. Read the full storyline and see cast and crew.
Everybody helps everybody else and gains from it creatively
04. may 2018 | INTERVIEW. Combining Spanish and Latin American directors who think outside the box with the Danish focus on script and the producer role has led to successful co-production partnerships for Danish production
When partnering up just makes perfect sense
04. may 2018 | INTERVIEW. Ali Abbasi’s mythical love drama 'Border' could only have been set in a Swedish forest and be in Swedish, says Danish producer Nina Bisgaard, who started developing the film four years ago and is
Meet us at the Scandinavian Terrace
While in Cannes, meet us at the Scandinavian Terrace, 55 La Croisette, your go-to place for Nordic films in Cannes. Stop by to network with Nordic film professionals or take a break from the hustle and bustle below on the Croisette. Coffee and wifi included!
The Scandinavian Terrace is hosted by the five Nordic film institutes from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, and you will also find sales companies LevelK and New Europe Film Sales.
Open every day during the Cannes Festival from 09.30 to 19.00. See more at Scandinavian Terrace on Facebook.
Join us from Wednesday to Tuesday, 9-15 May, at 17.30-18.30 for Happy Hour, each day with a special focus:
Wednesday Meet Scandinavian Films / Thursday Meet New Europe Film Sales / Friday Meet Nordic Producers / Saturday Meet LevelK / Sunday Celebrating 60 years of Nordische Filmtage Lübeck / Monday Meet Nordisk Film & TV Fond / Tuesday Meet short film makers and the VOD service shortly.film
Navigating a morally complex story
15. jan 2019 | INTERVIEW. May el-Toukhy's second feature film, 'Queen of Hearts', takes a closer look at a powerful woman's fall from grace. Famed actress Trine Dyrholm and rising star Gustav Lindh lead the drama, fuelled
The Guilty and The Distant Barking of Dogs land on Oscar shortlists
18. dec 2018 | OSCAR 2019. Gustav Möller's 'The Guilty' moves forward in the Oscar race as one of the nine shortlisted films in the Foreign Language category. Simon Lereng Wilmont's 'The Distant Barking of Dogs' is selected
The entire Danish silent film heritage will now be digitised and disseminated
11. dec 2018 | LIVING FILM HERITAGE. A total donation of 30 million kroner from three foundations is making it possible to digitise, study and disseminate more than 400 silent films from the golden age of Danish cinema.
Elliott Crosset Hove is Shooting Star in Berlin
11. dec 2018 | BERLINALE 2019. Elliott Crosset Hove, who had his breakthrough role in 'Winter Brothers', is selected as one of ten European Shooting Stars, a platform for promoting young actors during the Berlinale. From Sweden
Danish projects win every third prize at the Emile Awards
11. dec 2018 | AWARDS. 'The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe' took home top honours at the European Animation Awards held on Saturday, 8 December, in Lille. Six out of the evening's eighteen Emile trophies went
Lone Scherfig's The Kindness of Strangers to open the Berlinale
06. dec 2018 | BERLINALE. Lone Scherfig's English-language 'The Kindness of Strangers' will premiere as the opening film of the Berlin Film Festival in February. The New York-set ensemble drama is also selected for the
Mads Brügger and May el-Toukhy selected for Sundance
28. nov 2018 | FESTIVAL. May el-Toukhy's drama 'Queen of Hearts' and Mads Brügger's documentary 'Cold Case Hammarskjöld' are making their world premiere in the international competitions at the Sundance Film Festival. The
Creating a safe space in a warzone
19. nov 2018 | INTERVIEW. Since it premiered at IDFA last year, 'The Distant Barking of Dogs' has reaped numerous festival awards and is now nominated for a European Film Award and three IDA Awards. But for producer Monica
DFI in Cannes
Visit the DFI festival contacts at the Scandinavian Terrace, 55 La Croisette:
Lizette Gram Mygind
Tel. +45 2482 3758
Christian Juhl Lemche
Tel. +45 2148 8522
Anne Marie Kürstein
Tel. +45 4041 4697
Noemi Ferrer Schwenk
Head of International
Tel. +45 5096 7411